Thank you for your interest in volunteering to serve in these difficult times! You can sign up HERE. Volunteers will be paired with a buddy who can be contacted via phone or email. It is the volunteer’s responsibility to check in on their buddy and make sure they have what they need. It is recommended to check in initially and to set some delivery days for the coming weeks.
As some of our recipients are elderly and may not be tech-savvy, you may be required to use your phone and call them and speak actual words into your phone to another human being :)
There are several guidelines for our volunteers:
1. Commit to follow a specific protocol regarding the proper handling of cash & receipts. Persons receiving groceries would be given a receipt and could give cash or check or Venmo payment only for their groceries themselves. No tipping. No payment for delivery. This is volunteer only.
2. Be healthy and less than 55 years old (due to risk of individuals over 60).
3. Have not exhibited any symptoms of illness. If there is any chance that the volunteer may be ill or may have come into contact with the virus, then proper self-quarantine must take place until the proper quarantine time has passed. This is vital to the protection of these vulnerable groups.
4. Have transportation.
5. Follow specific shopping & social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus.
In an effort to serve the elderly, the immunocompromised, and families who have been infected by COVID-19, we are launching a Church effort called Frontporch. While we do not move out of fear, we do want to be responsible in not spreading the coronavirus to those most vulnerable. Frontporch is an effort to prevent contact with the virus by allowing an assigned buddy to complete your weekly shopping or pharmacy pick up at no delivery cost. Groceries can be paid back via cash, check, or Venmo upon arrival and receiving a receipt.
Deliveries are to be determined by the volunteer and recipient.
Groceries will be delivered directly to the home of the recipient. If the recipient had COVID-19, the recipient will send payment only for the groceries via Venmo. The volunteer will leave the groceries on the frontporch to prevent contact with the virus.
To protect and love the sick and most vulnerable among us.
Frontporch neighbors can sign up as recipients or volunteers by going online to wearefrontporch.com to fill out proper forms. Alternatively, the Frontporch Coordinator can be emailed at or by texting or calling at 205.901.4920.
The point of this initiative is to protect the vulnerable within our community from contraction of the virus. Therefore, social distancing and strict hygiene practices should be implemented, including:
• no hugging or shaking hands
• remaining 6 feet away from one another
• hand sanitizer utilized by volunteers before shopping, after shopping, and before delivering
Any questions may be directed to